Cookies are small files, which usually consists of letters and numbers, and is installed on your computer, tablet, phone or similar device when you visit a website. Owners of web sites use such sites to work or to do so in a more efficient manner and to report information.
What types exist?
There are different types for different uses:
- In addition, they are necessary for the operation of the website, for example, to allow you to connect to secure areas or to use a your virtual shopping cart.
- That's why there and analytical performance.
- They allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors to a website and find out how they move through the same while using it, which helps us improve its performance (eg, ensuring that easily visitors find what they are looking for) .
- There are functionality.
- They are used to recognize you when you revisit the website.
- This allows us to customize the content for you, greeting him by name and remembering your preferences.
- For example, language or region.
- And there selection.
- Record your visit to the website, the pages you have visited and links that followed.
- This information is used to make your content more according to your interest.
How long they stay on my device?
Some work from the time you visit a website until the end of that particular browsing session.
These expire and are automatically deleted when you close your browser.
They are called temporary or "session".
Others remain on your device during browsing sessions and do not expire when you close your browser.
These are called "permanent".
The duration of the while remaining a cookie Permanent on your device varies from one to another.
How do I control which are installed on my device?
It depends on whether you agree or not.
One way to do this is through your browser settings.
And most current browsers allow it (Note that if you use your browser settings to block them all, you may not be able to access certain sections of the website).
The following links provide information to configure some of the most popular browsers:
También puede utilizar un plugin del navegador, como Ghostery de Evidon Inc. o Tracking Protection List de TRUSTe.
To detect and control the installation on your system.
In some cases the inclusion of video content may require the use of Adobe Flash Player technology.
Web sites that use it can get to store flash Cookies to remember settings or preferences, a use similar to that of other types.
Puede acceder a las herramientas de gestión de Flash directamente en el sitio web de Adobe.
Almost all websites today use Google Analytics to keep statistics of visits.
Si desea obtener más información en general, incluyendo el modo en el que se han instalado y cómo gestionarlas y eliminarlas, visite www.allaboutcookies.org